How to Share Google Analytics Access
Inviting someone to access a Google Analytics account is relatively simple. Here I’ve outlined the steps involved in providing Edit level access at the Admin level within Google Analytics, which is the highest level of access available. This is needed as part of my Google Analytics consultancy service.
- Open up https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ from the Google Account used to setup the Analytics tracking on the website (or which has full access to the account).
- Select the Gear/Settings icon from the bottom-left of the screen, and navigate to the Account which contains your website’s Property/View (see screenshot below).
- Select the Manage Users option from the Admin level menu.
- Select the + icon, then select “Add new user”.
- Enter my email address and then select all Permissions, followed by Add.
I’ll then receive a notification from Google inviting me to access your Analytics account. I’ll be in touch again when the Analytics work has been completed, or for any follow up questions.