Freelance SEO Expert
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is now such an important part of any online marketing strategy and is a particular area that I specialise in, having worked in the field for over 10 years.
I’ve worked in a variety of different verticals including travel, news publishing, food & drink, subscription box services and charity, just to name a few! I love switching between different client industries and learning about a particular business goals and objectives – so even if I’ve not worked in your vertical that’s unlikely to be an issue.
When working with new clients in the first month I’ll initially carry out a technical audit of the website to check for any issues which may be holding back the indexing of your site content or the position your sites currently ranking for. I’ll then come back with a 6 month plan of attack, which might start with a list of technical fixes which I can implement alongside your web developer, or it might involve reviewing your current content-marketing strategy, or other tasks as needed necessary – ultimately the first 6 months will depend on the condition of your current website and the stage that your business is at.
Typical 3 month SEO plan
- Technical audit of your website to uncover any issues which may be holding back your website in the search engines
- Keyword research analysis to determine search terms you should be targeting as part of your ongoing SEO strategy
- Benchmarking current traffic levels by reviewing Google Analytics and Search Console data
- Backlink audit to determine the current state of your website
- Competitor analysis that looks at how your rival companies are performing online in terms of online traffic and search rankings, as well as reviewing their backlink profiles
- Keyword and page URL mappings to determine which pages on your site should target which topics – and the suggestion of new pages where appropriate
- Setting up keyword rank tracking to monitor how the SEO work we are implementing is helping to improve your organic rankings in key markets
- Devising an ongoing SEO content strategy to determine topics that should be covered on the site, likely on a blog
- Reviewing offsite SEO and drawing up an ongoing strategy to build the presence of your website naturally online in a sustainable manner
- Content audit which reviews previously published content and determines the best strategy to utilise this content (removing, redirecting, re-writing, and so on)
- Branded search audit to look at current branded search volumes and discover other additional branded search terms we can easily target
I like to take time talking to clients to find out their concerns before diving in, so initially it’d be good to hold a brief 10 minute call to hear any of your SEO concerns or to determine what your main goals are.
Freelance SEO Services I provide
If you choose to hire me to help improve your websites organic search performance, here’s a breakdown of the services that I’ll be happy to assist with:
- Keyword research (which search phrases do you wish to target?)
- SEO strategy (a plan of what you want to achieve, and the ways in which we can achieve it)
- On-site optimisation (technical review of your site and any relevant changes)
- Off-site optimisation (citations, links, customer reviews, content strategy)
- On-going monitoring and tracking of search rankings for key topics
- Backlink analysis
- Competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Anything else as deemed necessary to help your organic search performance
Hiring a remote SEO specialist to help boost your traffic
I’ve worked remotely as an SEO specialist for over 5 years now having previously worked in-house for a leading digital agency based in Dublin and in that time I’ve been lucky enough to work with people and businesses from all over the world – USA, Singapore, Germany, Switzerland, the UK and many others! Due to the remote nature of my work it’s possible to work with me regardless of your location – typically I keep in touch with clients through email, Slack and Skype calls, so wherever you are based your location won’t be an issue to me.
If you’re interested in working with me to enhance your websites SEO performance then please don’t hesitate to complete the contact form below. I’ll try to get back to you within 24 hours (unless it’s the weekend of course!).
If you want to contact me please use hello(at)matttutt.me.
*If you get bored of trying to figure out the Captcha code above then you can always just email me on hello at matttutt dot me.
Chances are that if you’re interested in bringing more people to your website through SEO then you may also be interested in reading about the PPC services that I’m also offering. If that’s the case, take a look at my PPC consultancy page here. Remember – PPC traffic can be delivered nearly instantly at a very large scale, whereas SEO is normally more of a long-term strategy. I normally always recommend the both being used in tandem as they can compliment each other very nicely.
Freelance SEO Specialist – FAQ’s
It’s normal to have lots of questions when it comes to hiring a freelancer to help with your SEO efforts. At the end of the day it’s your business (or your responsible for its marketing if you’re an employee!) so you want to ensure you’ve got faith in the people that work to help grow your business.
I’ve listed some common questions and answers below (but feel free to contact me on the form above if I’ve not answered your own question below!):
How much do you charge for SEO?
I offer 3 different types of SEO as monthly retainers, and can also quoted based on a project basis (which works for one-off requests like a technical audit, or help with a specific issue on the site which are hampering SEO efforts) . Monthly retainers are available for different types of businesses which all have the aim of providing long term organic growth in a sustainable manner.
Will I be locked in to a long term contract if I work with you?
No – I prefer to keep things flexible. Whilst it does take time to see the impact of most SEO work carried out, and I do believe the best results come from clients that I’ve been able to build up a relationship with over time (trust is key for a good SEO relationship!) I prefer not to have clients tied down to very lengthy contracts.
When will I see an impact from your SEO efforts?
This is a tricky question to answer – whilst it’s true that most SEO effort will take time to show results (several months, in some cases), there are other changes that can have a much quicker impact. Ultimately it really depends on the work that is being carried out – I’ve worked with clients that have had key pages “hidden” from Google, so resolving that was an instant fix which delivered traffic nearly overnight. Other content based improvements can take months for Google to crawl, re-evaluate and re-index. So in true SEO fashion, the answer here is “it depends”. I like to think most of my clients start to see results from the 2nd or 3rd month.
Do you have experience with international SEO?
Yes – and I’ve also lived in 4 different countries, with 3 different languages in use, so I think I’ve got quite a good amount of experience based on using the internet from these different regions. When working with my clients I like to research all possible opportunities to help them to grow traffic and their business – which may or may not involve international SEO efforts to build a presence within new geographic markets.
Which CMS systems have you worked on?
Do you buy links – or offer link building services?
Whilst I do provide link building services for my clients, I won’t be buying (or recommending) buying links. I prefer to work with a long-term mindset, instead of focusing on short-term wins, and I think that buying links is a risky business which ultimately hurts more businesses than it helps. I’m amazed at the number of businesses that I’ve worked with, which at some point have employed an agency to build links on their behalf. Most of those links either have no value or are causing harm to their search rankings. That being said, I’m more than happy to work towards ensuring my clients are able to share their expertise with the world in an authentic way – which can have the added benefit of increasing the number of valuable links pointing to their site. There’s a big difference between doing this and buying links, something I always try to discourage anyone to do.